Case 7 Pregnancy and Puerperal Period Diseases. Pathology of the Placenta.
1. Plural erosions and gastric ulcers.
2. Hemorrhage in a cerebrum.
3. Tubal pregnancy.
4. Hemorrhage in lateral ventricles.
6, 20. Hydatid mole. Premature delivery.
7. Extra-uterine pregnancy.
8. Toxic dystrophy of liver.
9. Pregnancy and fibmioma of uterus.
10. Kidney in case of DIC– syndrome.
11. Comissure of placenta.
12. Ovarian pregnancy.
13. Puerperal endometritis.
14. Craniotomia at premature births.
18. Willful abortion.
19. Premature births.
21. Shock kidney.
22. DIC-syndrome at eclampsia.
25. Hypoplasia of placenta.
29. Atrophy of skull bones of fetus with hydrocefalus.
42. Fibromyoma of uterus.
1. Plural erosions and gastric ulcers. There are small superficial defects on the mucus membrane of stomach – erosions and acute ulcers which are limited by mucus membrane. Causes: hypoxia, intoxication in toxemias (eclampsias).
2. Hemorrhage in a cerebrum. It occurs as a complication to the pathology of pregnancy – heavy toxicosis, eclampsias, in predelivery and puerperal period.
3. Tubal pregnancy. The uterine tube is extended, the wall of it is thin. There is blood in space of it with the elements of fetus ovum. Causes of its formation are inflammatory processes, with the development of partial obstruction of uterine tubes. The consequences are: complete or incomplete tubal abortion, intraperitoneal bleeding.
4. Hemorrhage in lateral ventricles. Lateral ventricles are filled with blood. It is the complication of birth trauma of newborn.
5. Hemosalpinx. The uterine tube is extended, filled with blood. It happens in case of extra-uterine pregnancy and erosion of tubal wall by the chorion fibers.
6, 20. Hydatid mole. Premature delivery. There are mole formations formed with trophoblast. Pathology occurs during pregnancy after abortion, or births, it is characterized by the cystic degeneration of chorion fibers, dystrophic changes. Malignant variant of this type of trophoblastic sickness is choriocarcinoma.
7. Extra-uterine pregnancy. The pregnancy in ovary, uterine tube, abdominal region is called extra-uterine pregnancy. The impregnated ovule maturates out of the uterus.
8. Toxic dystrophy of liver. A liver is enlarged; it has flaccid consistency, yellow by color. Occurs in case of eclampsia, toxicosis of pregnancy.
9. Pregnancy and fibmioma of uterus. Uterus with a large fibromatous knot in the body. A fetal ovum is situated close to the cervix of uterus. Benign development of pregnancy is impossible.
10. Kidney in case of DIC– syndrome. The kidney is enlarged; there are microfocal hemorrhages on its surface as a result of blood circulation disorders in a microcirculation (formation of blood clots and hemorrhages).
11. Comissure of placenta. There is an attached placenta on the wall the uterus inside its cavity. It is fixed to the wall and wasn’t separated after births. Reason of comissure part of placenta: abortions, thinning of the uterus wall, caused by inflammatory processes in endometrium.
12. Ovarian pregnancy. A fetal ovum is situated in the ovary. It is observed in case of obstruction of uterine tubes, caused by chronic inflammatory processes, congenital malformations.
13. Puerperal endometritis. The uterus is enlarged, a wall is thickened, muscular fibers are hypertrophied, internal surface of the uterus cavity becomes black as a result of inflammatory process, of infection after or during births or abortion.
14. Craniotomia at premature births. A skull is absent, it was destructed during the labor with the intrauterine death of fetus and disparity of sizes of maternal passages and fetus.
15. Abortion. Fetus has small size, with the signs of immaturity, was born prematurely.
18. Willful abortion. Premature birth of fetus is caused by mother’s sickness.
19. Premature births. Delivery in terms ends with the birth of a normal child. Premature delivery ends with the birth of premature child.
21. Shock kidney. Typical look of kidney: cortex with whiter-grey color, medullar layer with dark blue color. The scopes of layers are expressed. The reasons are toxicosis, septic endometrium, gynaecological uterine sepsis.
22. DIC-syndrome at eclampsia. There are numerous hemorrhages in the omentum of the peritoneum, thrombosis of small vessels. Such changes occur in case of eclampsia.
25. Hypoplasia of placenta. Diminished plcenta can develop as malformation. Consequences: violation of uterino-fetus blood circulation, intrauterine death of fetus.
29. Atrophy of skull bones of fetus with hydrocefalus. Bones of skull are thin as a result of pressure of spinal fluid.
42. Fibromyoma of uterus. There are excrescences of plural benign mesenchimal tumors formed by connective and muscle tissue in the form of knots of different sizes. They are characterized by expansive growth.